- 1 large mango, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 2 oz rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings and set aside.
- (6) 4-6 oz tuna steaks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil
Lightly season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil. Place on the grill and use the following guideline to determine the degree of doneness.
- seared raw (“black and blue”) 30-45 seconds on each side
- medium rare 1-2 minutes on each side
- medium 2-3 minutes on each side
Tuna should not be overcooked, as it will be very dry and tough to the bite.
Place tuna steak on dinner plate and top with 2 ounces of the relish. Serve immediately. Serves 6